Thursday 16 August 2012

Thankful Thursday: Grandparents

As I nineteen year old, I was very fortunate to still have all four of my Grandparents. I never really appreciated how lucky I was until I lost my Grandad in January 2010 to dementia. Losing him was what prompted me to begin my research; there was so much I didn't know about my own Grandad so I became curious as to what else I didn't know.

Two and a half years later I am grateful I chose to begin my research. My mum located a photo of her parents wedding day, and as the genealogist in the family she passed it on to me. Today is their 65th wedding anniversary, but instead of enjoying it together they'll be spending it apart. My other Grandad also has dementia, and so won't remember the importance of the day. But I do. And whilst I wasn't there, I do have a beautiful photograph to view and remind me of my Grandad.



Happy Anniversary Granny and Grandad.


No comments:

Post a Comment